Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February FMQ: Working on a New Tutorial

Well, February has arrived. It's actually bright, sunny, and rather warm for Chicago. Seems almost like spring. But I'm sure tomorrow the groundhog will see his shadow and it will be 6 more weeks of winter weather for us up here in the "frozen north".

Today, I checked SewCalGal's blog posting for the new tutorial in her FMQ Challenge. February is Diane Gaudynski month, and that means beautiful, flowing feathers. I have Diane's books and LOVE her style, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to make those lovely, flowing lines. Can't learn without trying, though, and the truth is I've always been afraid to try. Well, no more! Feathers, here I come!

I plan to attack the feathers much as I did last month's leaves. I will spend a week or so drawing them on paper. That seemed to really help me before. When the feathers begin to "flow" I'll start trying to quilt them. Meanwhile, I'm continuing to quilt the leaf pattern from time to time, just so I don't lose the feel.

I will try to post at least once each week this month instead of waiting until the end and just posting my entry. Hopefully, I'll be able to show some progress along the way.

Enough talk! Time to get started drawing feathers. Wish me luck... I will probably need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment